Starting yesterday, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is in the Closed Beta stage.
The game can only by accessed by pro users, reviewers and gamers who won different Battle.net contests, but the good news is that according to Blizzard, the Heart of the Swarm Beta will become available to the rest of Battle.net users very soon.
In order to get the right to enter this Beta stage, Blizzard says that you have to select the option of participating in activities like this from your Battle.net account, however active StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty gamers will get priority.
Even so, the chances of playing the new beta are not small at all.
Many gaming websites will soon start to distribute invitations to attend the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta so keep your eyes out for opportunities.
The content included in StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is dedicated to the multi-player module, but the fact that it already started suggests that the new game is getting close to the final version.
The fact that Blizzard decided to release a Beta version usually suggests that the game is mostly finalized from what content is concerned. In the past, Blizzard released Beta versions only allow gamers to find bugs in the game.
Furthermore, a confirmation of the fact that StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm was made back in June by Dustin Browder ( lead designer at Blizzard Entertainment ). At that time he said that Heart of the Swarm is 99% finalized but the rest of 1% is giving the development team a very hard time.
All new missions and units were finalized.
Below you can take a look at the new units introduced in the multi-player campaign of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
Although it was very hard to believe, 2012 is a special year for Blizzard Entertainment. The company already released the Diablo III game, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is getting close to the final version as well as the World of WarCraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion pack.