Gamers who have played the extremely awaited Max Payne 3 reported that the game has many issues including lags, freezes, errors, poor FPS, blank sound, black screen and many others.
However, you can fix these errors easily at home and here is a guide to solve some of the issues you face while playing Max Payne 3.
One of the most common reported errors in Max Payne 3 is Launch Crash; when users open the game, it crashes and takes them back to their desktop screen. However, you can fix it by doing the following things:
- Update your ATI / Nvidia graphics driver.
- Switch off SLI / Crossfire and then begin the game. It should help in stabilizing the game’s performance.
- Switch off any antivirus program and Windows Defender before you start the game. You can turn both on after you are done playing the game.
- Use one GPU initially.
- Try running Max Payne 3 in Windowed Mode.
- Disable filtering and anti-aliasing and then restart the game.
- Also disable V-Sync and restart the game.
- Disable all your background applications.
- If you have Windows 7, right click the exe file of Max Payne 3, find the Compatibility Mode tab and then check Disable Desktop Composition.
These steps should not be followed in a particular manner; either one of these or some of these could be causing the reported Launch Crash issue on Max Payne 3. Check for all these things and try running your game. The issue will most probably be resolved.
Another common error reported with the game is automatic crash after clicking the Play button.
If you are facing this issue, you should go to the installation folder of the game and then right click the exe file of Max Payne 3; again go to Compatibility Mode and then select Disable Desktop Composition (to enable it). Try running the game again and it should work out.
One more problem associated with the game has to do with the controller not working; for a controller fix, you should manually download Max Payne 3’s game patch and install it. Make sure you download it from a trusted source instead of automatically updating it.