Starting with yesterday there is a software method that you can use to unlock almost any iPhone running on any iOs 5.0 – 5.1 version with the exception for iPhone 4S for which we don’t have a jailbreak solution yet.
We have four solutions with the help of which you can unlock iPhone smartphones in almost any network, they all work on almost every iOS version and baseband, however each has it’s own advantages and disadvantages.
In this article we are going to compare these solutions so you can choose the best method for you.
- it is free
-it works on every iOS 5 version regardless of the baseband
- it can be used in the future on any iOS version if you save the unlock
- it works on all iPhone smartphones
- it’s temporary – it only works because Apple servers can be tricked, so in the future it will no longer become available for those who do not saved the activasion
- it only unlocks a single card, so for each new card you have to repeat the process
- if you change the phone you might lose the unlock if Apple blocks this method.
- at the moment you can unlock iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S smartphones
- even if you change your iPhone the unlock solution will be there is the new phone has an unlockable baseband
You have to enter a physical card along with a SIM card
- GSM network problems
- the existence of many fake cards
- it unlocks any baseband on any iPhone
- in works in the future regardless of the baseband and iOS version
- changing your iPhone will result in losing the unlock
- lack of support for unlocking any network
- the price
- it’s free
- it can be used in the future if you keep the same baseband
- changing the phone will still allow you to use it if the new phone has an unlockable baseband
- unlocks only old basebands
- it is not updated in time for the new iOS versions
- it is not compatible with all iPhone smartphones
- updating the baseband will make it impossible for you to unlock
These are the main differences between these 4 unlocking solutions. I would choose a permanent unlock to be able to use it in the future without too much problems.